[OLPC-AU] Melbourne testing day

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Sun Feb 13 00:00:39 EST 2011

On 13 February 2011 01:23, David Farning <dfarning at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
> <sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:

>>> From OLPC Australia's perspective, we don't have any custom XO-1
>>> builds. My recommendation is to base your XO-1 testing from OLPC's
>>> 10.1.3 build.
>>
>> I should also add that we hope to have 10.1.3-au2 final out before
>> your testing day, so please keep an eye out for that.
>>
>> Release notes are being written at
>> https://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xo-au/wiki/1013-au2_release_notes
>
> Sridhar,
>
> Do you have a list of high priority activities and the versions
> olpc.au recommends?  A good testing point would be those activities.
> 10.1.3 (and dextrose) look pretty good but we are finding a lot of
> bugs in activities.

What we are using right now is defined at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/OLPCAU/10.1.3

Here's a custom query for our dev system that shows the open issues
pertaining to Sugar activities:
http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xo-au/issues?query_id=6

What we need most is a good way to backup and restore XOs to and from
a USB drive. Jumping to a later version of Sugar (which I understand
has in-built backup/restore capability) is not on the cards right now,
so we need the Backup and Restore activities to work properly. There
was a change in OLPC OS 10.1.3 that breaks the ability to restore a
backup. The above query has issues describing our problems with Backup
and Restore. I have also reported them upstream:

https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/query?component=Backup&status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened
https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/query?component=Restore&status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened

Sridhar