[OLPC-AU] [Testing] Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 5 February 2011

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 6 10:25:50 EST 2011

Hi Tabitha,

On 5 Feb 2011, at 07:47, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:

> Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 5 February 2011
>
> Who: Alana (primary teacher), Anna (primary teacher), Ben, Charlotte (ten year old), Fabiana, Mary-Lou, Robin, Tabitha, Tom

> Physics - first time user enjoyed making things crash into each other, it would be good if you could set the density of an object

Thanks, yes this is on my list of features to add, there is a 'hack in this feature yourself' on the SL wiki page about how to modify activities, but we should have a think about the UI and put it in officially (don't want to overload the UI).

> Question for design team
> On modern operating systems we have noticed that the search function searches applications and files (everything), is there a reason for separating activities and journal search functions in Sugar or should we consider a more global search option?

I'd like to see the home list view dropped (and there does seem to be support from others for this idea), and for its functions to move to the Journal (favouring activities, and activity version display). The Journal does currently show downloaded activity bundles, but needs to also show installed bundles (even if the downloaded bundle is not kept or the activitiy was installed by some other means). The Journal would then be the place for the one search to rule them all.

Regards,
--Gary