[OLPC-AU] [Testing] Free From Malaria release 4

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 16:56:53 EDT 2011

Sir:

I have been unable to get the activity to start ion an XO1 on any 11.2 build
or the current development 11.3 bild.  The issue might be the version of
sugar you are running on your XO to test, versus the version that is
failing.  If you upgrade your XO to the newest stable build (874) then you
could test how it is running on that version of Sugar on the XO.  One can
also  always go back to previous builds on the XO, to also test that there
are no regressions.  In general, if it hasn't actually been tested on a
certain sugar version, the description on the sugar site can be misleading
if it states that the version is supported.  Also,  in my experience,
sometimes some things work on the XO and not on SoaS, or vice versa, for
short periods of time.  :-)

Unfortunately, outside of noting the 'Failed to Start', my knowledge of
what's happening under the covers in Sugar is not going to help.  However,
rest assured that every time you let us know that you have released a new
version, I'm trying it, as our deployment is in Kenya, and any health
activities relating to malaria there are very relevant.  So, whenever you do
a release, I will definitely be trying it on 11.2/874 and on 11.3/osx.  So
far, "Failed to Start" in both cases on an XO1.

Thanks for your work on this.

KG