[OLPC-AU] ANNOUNCEMENT: Musicpainter 8 released

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Fri Apr 29 00:47:53 EDT 2011

Version 8 of our Musicpainter activity represents a significant improvement.

Full announcement: http://dev.laptop.org.au/news/15

Download: http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/musicpainter/files

We recommend that all users upgrade to version 8.

Most notably, it is much faster to start up. Our measurements show a
124% speedup on an XO-1.5 and an 88% improvement on an XO-1.

Audio reliability problems have also been addressed.

This version also features the ability to play notes via the keyboard.
For best results, activate the metronome mode while playing a score,
then use the keyboard to add notes to the score in real time.

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Manager
One Laptop per Child Australia
M: +61 425 239 701