[OLPC-AU] Sugar on Mirrored on Dual Monitors

Peter Hewitt prh at mulawa.net
Mon Oct 25 01:50:53 EDT 2010

Not sure where to pose this question but I'll start here. Have made some
progress from web searching but am now stuck - I'm very new to linux and sugar.

I'm running SoaS v3 on a Dell Latitude D400 and want to mirror the display
on another monitor.

When monitor 2 is an old CRT it mirrors but when I use a flatscreen I get
an extended display instead. My reading says that this is the default
behavior with Fedora 13. Of course I want it to work on the flatscreen!

I found that

xrandr --output VGA1 --same-as LVDS1

in a terminal session does the trick but it's back to extended when I leave
the terminal session.

Hope someone can help.

Peter