[OLPC-AU] Browse activity, XO 1.5 and an authenticating proxy server

IanCunningham ian.cunningham at nt.gov.au
Mon Oct 18 01:09:20 EDT 2010

Hi,

When trying to access the Internet on an XO 1.5 with os852, firmware
Q3A50 and Browse-108, the Browse activity does not prompt for username
and password. It Internet site cannot be accessed. The system proxy
settings have been set in Gnome and Firefox works both in Gnome and
from the terminal prompt in Sugar. I noted that about:config cannot be
modified in Browse. We can browse intranet sites which do not require
a proxy. The same thing occurs with an XO-1 running os852 firmware
Q2E45 and Browse-108.  Is there a way to show Browse the proxy server
address?

Cheers    Ian