[OLPC-AU] OLPC Australia on Vimeo

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Mon Oct 4 21:28:07 EDT 2010

I've created a Vimeo account for OLPC Australia: http://vimeo.com/olpcau

If you have relevant videos to share, you can add them to our group:
http://vimeo.com/groups/64431

I am hoping the group will become a central point to find useful
videos on OLPC and deployments in Australia.

Vimeo is a video sharing site, similar to YouTube. The intention of
this account is to share instruction/demonstration videos about the
XOs and OLPC programme. We also have an account on YouTube which we
use for marketing purposes.

Why Vimeo?

 * it is better suited for community and not-for-profit purposes
 * it is not blocked by the ntschools filters (not sure about Qld)
 * it supports HTML5 (Ogg Theora) video, an open standard format
 * by virtue of the previous point, video 'just works' in most
browsers (including on the XO)
 * you can make the original file you uploaded downloadable to viewers

Sridhar

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Manager
One Laptop per Child (OLPC) Australia