[OLPC-AU] Sugar on a Stick V4

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Tue Nov 30 20:05:51 EST 2010

On 29 November 2010 16:33, Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> On 25 November 2010 14:53, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 06:18:01PM -0800, IanCunningham wrote:
>>> The new NT teacher laptops, DELL E6410, will not run Sugar on a stick
>>> v2.
>>> If Sugar on a stick v4 is built on a Fedora 13 computer using FAT32,
>>> it works on the DELL E6410.
>>> If Sugar on a stick v4 is built on a E6410 running Windows 7 or a
>>> Compaq D51S running XP, it doesn't.
>>> Can anyone shed some light on this anomaly?
>>
>> Yes.  Perhaps the BIOS is picky about exactly what is present on the
>> USB drive, and the other operating systems have prepared the drive
>> slightly different.
>>
>> This might be tested for by imaging the working and non-working drive
>> content, and comparing the format and metadata.
>
> It might be a good idea to log this as a bug with Sugar Labs:
> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/

If you do report this to Sugar Labs, Fedora or elsewhere, please let
me know so that we can track the issue and work on it as well.

I just discovered this:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F14_bugs#edp_problems

To quote:

"In particular, one popular line of Dell Latitude laptops - the Exx1x
series - uses the eDP protocol and fails to work correctly with Fedora
14 (though it worked with Fedora 13)."

Sridhar