[OLPC-AU] OLPC-AU Digest, Vol 4, Issue 4

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Nov 11 17:08:59 EST 2010

G'day Jonathan,

This is my personal opinion, not OLPC's.

We cannot reliably predict the performance at this point, since it
depends on the outcome of engineering work which is underway.  I'm in QA
in the engineering team, so I know where we are up to and shouldn't say
too much, because what I say would be out of date in seconds.

We're not finished, and we're not working to a performance goal, but
rather to a funding limit.

In terms of processing performance, I expect it will be as fast or
faster than an XO-1.5.  It is an entirely different processor
architecture though, so the difference between XO-1.5 and XO-1.75 may
vary across activities.

In terms of "talk time", or battery charge duration, I expect it will be
way above an XO-1.5.  Therefore it won't need charging as much, or for
as long.  A learner will get more usage from less power.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/