[OLPC-AU] Fwd: Cheap rugged keyboards

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Mon Nov 8 00:35:00 EST 2010

I haven't had an opportunity to try one on an XO, but I assume that
the keycodes are the same as any conventional keyboard.

One weakness I see is that there's no key binding for the Frame in
Sugar. On the XO-1 and XO-1.5 there is a special Frame key, which of
course doesn't exist on any standard keyboard. The workaround is to
have the Frame set to autohide, but this is also annoying (we turn it
off on our XOs).

The XO-HS has a redesigned keyboard that maps the F6 key to the Frame.
To support that, we need to load a new keyboard layout in software.