[OLPC-AU] New image for testing 10.1.3

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Dec 16 21:33:57 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 03:22:37PM +1300, Tabitha Roder wrote:
> Paraguay builds are clearly marked with py at the end of the name,
> this makes it really easy for us to see who we are testing for and who
> to talk to about it e.g. os353py.img

I recommend against a suffix.  OpenFirmware does not have long filename
support for FAT filesystems.  With an image size variant suffix (-2g),
and a country suffix, the length of the name before the period exceeds 8
characters, and this prevents or makes difficult signed installation.

Australia's au prefix in place of os is how Paraguay should have gone,
had they thought more about it.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/