[OLPC-AU] Toshiba A100 and Soas not booting

Peter Williams pawill at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 02:37:12 EDT 2010

Colleagues
I have gone through many combinations today.  Seems that the Toshiba A100 is
the problem. SoaS works well on other  W7 32 and 64 computers.  I have still
no idea why it would work initially and not now. (suspect that Microsoft
Security Essentials does something to the key or the iMAc dumps hidden stuff
on the key.)
I feel that the BIOS may be the culprit.  When you watch the A100 start up,
the HD access light goes on momentarily before the USB key tries to boot.
 I'm not going to try to update the BIOS on this machine as It will probably
end up a brick.  My intention is to throw in another internal HD and set the
machine up to boot from it.  Thank you for all your help.
The only reason I brought it up was a thought that the USB key may be the
error and as this was supplied to many people, it might be worthwhile to
chat about.

--
Kind regards,

Peter Williams