[OLPC-AU] Sugar on a Stick not working

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Mon Aug 30 08:24:26 EDT 2010

On 30 August 2010 16:49, Peter Williams <pawill at gmail.com> wrote:
> Afternoon all. Has anyone come across a situation where SoaS was working
> well, (Toshiba A100, Windows 7 Home Premium normally) and then will no
> longer boot into SoaS?  All correct BIOS setups for Boot are there. Info
> says that boot loader cannot be found.  Under W7, USB stick (green one
> from from Cairns) checks out and works well as a FAT 32 disk.

Hi Peter,

To confirm my understanding, are you saying that the computer was able
to boot SoaS, but is now unable to? Does the same stick work on other
PCs? I'm trying to narrow down whether the problem is with the stick
or the computer.

You could also try making another stick and testing that. The sticks I
gave in Cairns should have all the files required for this. Take a
look at the readme.html file on there for directions.

Cheers,
Sridhar

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Manager