[OLPC-AU] Flash and updating the XO

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Mon Aug 30 00:14:19 EDT 2010

Using a customisation stick (see my earlier message, below) will
automate the installation of Sugar Activity and Content Bundles.

Instructions are at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Customization_stick

Then all you need to do is

  1. put all your XO and XOL files in the bundles/ directory on the stick
  2. insert the stick into the XO
  3. hold down the 'X' game button and turn on the XO

The XO will boot into text mode, install the bundles, then shut down.

What might also be nice is a way to run additional scripts on boot.