[OLPC-Asia] 申请6台机器用于大山里的魔法教室

lite li litekok在gmail.com
星期二 十月 16 11:36:52 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Anthony Wong <anthony.skwong在gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Hi Lite,
>
> I can support to give 6 XOs for your small experiment. However, it must be
> borne in mind that the XO is not a general computer and we are not
> promoting computer education as such in OLPC. Our concept is to allow the
> children to explore and learn by themselves and the XO is only a tool to
> enable them to do so. Hence the job of the teacher is not to teach them
> computer classes. They should just provide initial guidance on what could
> be done using the XO and let the children explore and learn by themselves.
> Therefore we strongly recommend the children to "own" the XO and take it
> home. In fact all the "activities" (i.e. the software programs) in the XO
> are designed with this objective in mind. So we do need a champion for the
> project to pass on this mission and objective of OLPC. Perhaps Ben could
> explore himself with an XO first and recommend how the XO could fit into
> the "Magic classroom in Mountains" program. I just suspect how 5 XOs could
> be sufficient for any purpose. If Ben or Lite recommends more XOs are
> necessary after study, then perhaps we could consider a larger number of
> XOs to kick start the project.

Hi, Anthony,

Thanks for your support.

I thought I got a mistake before, now I know that education and teaching is
different.

Let the children "own" the XO and take it home, explore and learn by
themselves.
让孩子们拥有XO并可以带回家,通过XO来自己学习或扩展眼界。

And our responsibility is:

Provide initial guidance on what could be done using the XO
为孩子们提供关于XO可以用来做什么的初步指导。

BR,
Lite