[OLPC-Asia] xorduino项目

lite li litekok at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 11:18:12 EDT 2012

大家好,

  谁对下面这个xorduino项目感兴趣的?
  大家一起玩一玩?

  http://cananian.livejournal.com/

  可以从这里开始:
  https://github.com/cscott/xorduino
  https://github.com/cscott/xostick

BR,
Lite

;--------------------------------------------------
June 9th, 12:06

I banged out two open hardware <http://freedomdefined.org/OSHW> designs
this week, designed for use with the OLPC
XO<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLPC_XO-1>
 laptops.

The first is the *XOrduino*, a stripped down low-cost
Arduino<http://arduino.cc/>-compatible
board that plugs right into the XO's USB ports. But wait, there's more:
it's also compatible with the Scratch Sensor
Board<http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Sensor_Boards>,
so you can use this device to control Scratch <http://scratch.mit.edu/>
 (and Turtle Art<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/TurtleArt/Using_Turtle_Art_Sensors>?).
It should be compatible with the Arduino
IDE<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arduino#Software> and
all Arduino Leonardo
<http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardLeonardo>-compatible
shields.

The board uses mostly through-hole parts, with one exception, and there are
only 20 required components for the basic Arduino functionality, costing
about $5 (from digikey, quantity 100). It is reasonable for local labor or
even older kids to assemble by hand.

It's open hardware: Eagle <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_(program)> design
files are on github <https://github.com/cscott/xorduino> (schematic
PDF<https://github.com/cscott/xorduino/blob/master/XOrduino-sch.pdf?raw=true>
, pcb PDF<https://github.com/cscott/xorduino/blob/master/XOrduino-brd.pdf?raw=true>).
I expect to have a small number of boards in a few weeks; let me know if
you'd like one in exchange for help with hardware and software bring-up.
Schematic and layout review also appreciated (I did the PCB routing late at
night under time pressure leaning heavily on autoroute, it's certainly not
the prettiest). And feedback from Arduino and Arduino shield hackers would
also be welcome.

If $5 per student is too much money, there's also the *XO Stick*, my second
board. It's based on the AVR Stick
<http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9147> using
the ATtiny85 <http://www.atmel.com/devices/attiny85.aspx> processor and
costs only $1/student. It's not quite as user-friendly as the
Arduino-compatible board, but it can also be used to teach simple lessons
in embedded electronics. For $0.12 more you can populate an
ATtiny261A<http://www.atmel.com/devices/ATTINY261A.aspx> and
get 13 I/O ports; this variant should be powerful enough to program other
XO Sticks and perform XO maintenance tasks (accessing the serial console,
debricking a laptop via SPI flash). The XO Stick is even easier for a kid
to assemble themself: only 8 required components, all through-hole. (Sadly,
my desire to shave every penny off the cost of this design meant that I
couldn't use some of the symmetry tricks I invented for a 2012 Mystery Hunt
puzzle<http://www.mit.edu/~puzzle/12/ben_bitdiddle/investigators_report/solution/>
make the circuit *impossible* to assemble incorrectly.)

Same deal as the XOrduino: design files on
github<https://github.com/cscott/xostick>
 (schematic PDF<https://github.com/cscott/xostick/blob/master/XO-Stick-sch.pdf?raw=true>
, pcb PDF<https://github.com/cscott/xostick/blob/master/XO-Stick-brd.pdf?raw=true>);
I expect to have a few boards available to people who want to help make
some software for them. Schematic and layout review is also appreciated!