[OLPC-Asia] Recent News in Asia on OLPC

tkkang at nurturingasia.com tkkang at nurturingasia.com
Tue Feb 14 19:59:51 EST 2012

"Hello World" for this mailing list.

Some update news from Hong Kong.

1. The Chinese translation of Sugar http://translate.sugarlabs.org/zh_CN/ is progressing thanks to the effort of some individuals.

2. There will be a talk to parents of children with disability (15/2/2012) and I will introduce the OLPdisAbledC project to them. To understand this project go to:

http://www.olpcnews.com/use_cases/user_groups/olpdisabledc_improving_accessibility_for_olpc_sugar.html

3. OLPC APAC is holding the AGM today at 7:00 pm at room 701 at the Boys & Girl Club (BGCA) HQ in Wanchai, HK.

4. If you do not know it is the Chinese Year of the Dragon and there is a blog on a recent activity to welcome the year:
http://www.olpc.asia/blog/2012/01/olpc-celebrates-the-year-of-the-dragon.html

5. I am recruiting volunteers from University student to be a part of a Dragon Team. Activities are planned for training them for future OLPC deployments.

Finally, looking forward to other news on OLPC in the asia region from other people. Would be nice for a summit. I am toying with this idea for early January 2012 if people expressed interest of a need.

---
T.K. Kang
tkang at nurturingasia.com
TyNE, Getting Learning Right