[OLPC Networking] Friday, August 2 at 11AM (EDT) / 1500 (UTC) / 1700 (CEST) – OLPC France in our next Hangout On Air session.

Sven AERTS svenaerts228 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 10:15:19 EDT 2013

A short 42 hours from now – Friday, August 2 at 11AM (EDT) / 1500
(UTC) / 1700 (CEST) – interviewing Bastien Guerry and Xavier Carcelle
of OLPC France in our next Hangout On Air session.

OLPC France is one of the oldest European grassroots communities and
organizations and has done great work in a lot of different areas.
More specifically both Bastien and Xavier have been closely involved
with a variety of different OLPC implementations in Haiti, Nosy Komba
(an island in the north of Madagascar), and Saint Denis (a suburb on
the outskirts of Paris). They have also contributed a lot to the
global community, especially with their organization of the two Sugar
Camps in Paris in May 2009 and September 2011, their efforts in the
francophone world, and by extensively documenting and sharing their
work on their website, at conferences and community summits in places
such as Montevideo, Uruguay, and elsewhere.

So, needless to say I’m really looking forward to Friday’s
conversation with the guys and so should you!

Tune in live at youtube.com/unleashkids and if you have any questions
during the show then please either e-mail them to
contact at unleashkids.org or tweet with the #unleashkids hashtag. I’ll
do my best to keep my eyes open for questions and include them in the
session. Alternatively you can of course also watch the recording on
YouTube afterwards.

As somewhat of a teaser I would recommend watching this video of the
world-famous XO Dance from Nosy Komba:

Clip Nosy Komba von olpcfrance

Original invitation:
http://blog.unleashkids.org/2013/07/31/this-friday-august-2-olpc-france-hangout/#comment-14