[OLPC Networking] Wireless Recommendations (Ricardo Carrano)

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Mon Sep 1 15:05:24 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Tom Mitchell <mitch at niftyegg.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 07:46:19PM -0300, Ricardo Carrano wrote:

In looking at this a little bit it makes sense to add some UTLs to
this thread for reference.

There is a working group....
Delay Tolerant Networking Research Group

     http://www.dtnrg.org/wiki

On this link is a comment that may be apropos:
    "....the need to provide interoperable communications with and
among extreme and performance-
    challenged environments where continuous end-to-end connectivity
cannot be assumed."
may well apply to a local mesh of XOs and also for a school and town
as well as the community itself.

--
 T o m M i t c h e l l
 mitch-at-niftyegg-dot-com