[OLPC Networking] Wireless recommendations (step 2)

Ricardo Carrano carrano at laptop.org
Sat Aug 9 15:29:13 EDT 2008

Hello all,

A resume of the suggestions so far would be:
- add a section or another page with deployment recommendations
- divide the deployment recommendations page (or section) into:
backhaul (school connectivity) and wireless distribution (XO
connectivity)
Is it a valid summary? Anyone would like to add something?

So, going one step further, I added material to recommendation I2 [1].
You'll find a lot of material in the detailed analysis page [2].
But the most important part of the story is the associated action page
[3], that will ultimately revert as tickets.

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wireless_Recommendations#I2._Reduce_the_management_traffic
[2] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wireless_Management_Traffic
[3] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Reduce_Wireless_Management_Traffic

So, what I would like to ask here is:
- General comments on the structured and the organization of the
recommendations.
- Specific comments on the recommendation I2, including work on the
associated tickets.

We should all keep in mind that what we want now is to make it happen.
This, of course, does not mean that the ideas should not be discussed
(1) on its essence (the dateiled analysis page) or (2) on its
implementation (the tickets listed in the action page).

For those interested in the Mesh Adaptaion Daemon (MAD), which is
recommendation I1, I've been adding more stuff, but I still have more
to add, feel free to sneak a peek at the page, though.

Finally, I would like to ask our friends at Nortel to feel free to add
material to their recommendations too (I4, I5, I8, I9, D1, D2 and the
Ts) and of course to other recommendations if they feel like doing.

Cheers!
Ricardo