[OLPC Networking] Request: OLPC network overview

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Oct 5 12:05:25 EDT 2007

Could someone please provide me with a link to a brief overview of
802.11s as implemented by OLPC?

Specifically, I am looking for:

1.  Frequencies used by the laptop and channel selection
2.  How to set up an AP

In the 2.4 MHz 802.11[bg] band, I am limited to channels 13 and 14 due
to interference and I want to make sure I can get the laptops to mesh.
My limited understanding is that 802.11s can use both 2.4 and 5 MHz
frequencies, and I am unclear on what the OLPC uses.

Thanks,

--Yan

--
  o__

'man' is short for 'manual' because it's very short, for a manual.