[OLPC Networking] networking not working to machine 2 or server

Andrew Harrington aharrin at luc.edu
Sun May 20 22:43:52 EDT 2007

My networking is not working well at all.
Ivan sent me two B2 machines at the beginning of May to take with me
when I visit West Africa next month.  I just upgraded them to build
406.  My experience with networking is similar before and after the new
build.  On one machine I got nothing, then in the wide neighborhood
view, I clicked on the default server and the mesh network, and later I
could get to the internet, presumably through my default wireless
server, the only unencrypted one visible.  Later when I restarted that
machine I could not get any connectivity, and I have not been able to
get connectivity on the other machine, except under the previous build
(385) I briefly saw the other machine's icon, but only briefly before I
lost it.

Thanks,

--
  Andrew N. Harrington
  Computer Science Department      Director of Academic Programs