[OLPC Networking] Wifi doesn't work well?

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue May 15 12:09:06 EDT 2007

Vint,

What build are you running?  We'd suggest 406.

Are you using WPA on your system?  We don't have WPA running (yet); this
seems unlikely given you say it is "unprotected".

We've been having some trouble with certain access points; if you could
get us the exact model number of the apple express, that would be very
helpful.

I'll enter this into our trac system for you and cc you on it; this way
we won't forget about the problem.

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/1484
                                Best Regards,
                                       - Jim Gettys

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 00:05 -0400, Vint Cerf wrote:
> I have an OLPC at home, using an unprotected apple express that is
> slaved to an apple base station, I can see my home network but double
> clicking on the icon for this apple express unit does NOT result in
> network connectivity. Do I need to invoke some kind of unix CLI mantra
> to actually get this system to link to the apple express?
>
> thanks
>
> vint
>

> Vinton G Cerf
> Chief Internet Evangelist