[OLPC Networking] Application awareness in the mesh network?

Krishna Sankar (ksankar) ksankar at cisco.com
Wed Sep 6 18:32:10 EDT 2006

Yep, we would need the topology awareness as well as power aware
routing, not only in the end point laptops but also all the laptops who
are in the path in the mesh.

>	Then again, I might be thinking too much into a problem that
doesn't exist.
<KS>
	Kind of. Usually the mesh routing finds the shortest path than
the applications. The reason is this can change depending on the devices
who come in and go out of the network, interferences et al. While
topology aware applications are interesting, very difficult practically.
Having said that, if the apps need this information, we can percolate
the topology proximity and other metrics, thru some appropriate APIs.
</KS>

Keep asking questions, we need to document them so that as we progress
we can start implementing them ...

Cheers
<k/>