[OLPC Networking] local cost effective sustainability

Bill Ashe billashe at verizon.net
Thu Nov 30 09:56:18 EST 2006

Subject: local sustainability

Hello friends of disadvantaged children,

This is my first post. I hope it's to the correct audience. If not, please redirect me.

Our team would like to share our program that is a means for secondary schools soon to be participating in the OLPC project to become self-sustaining.

Most of these schools will have 5% to 10% of the students, their parents or the teachers that are gifted artists. If they produce watercolor, pastels or oil paintings and send them to a nonprofit distributing group in a developed country, a business relationship will develop to market these paintings.

The outlets will be chain stores selling books or computers. An excellent original painting prominently displayed in a point-of-purchase rack will attract philanthropically motivated purchasers. It will offer several different mounted reproductions and full color booklets. These booklets will be 20 of the very best artworks.

If interested, I will share details. I may be reached at 805-921-1443 or by an e-mail reply.

May all children have an equal chance to learn.

William A. Ashe

Camfel Productions Inc. (501©3)

Project Coordinator

(Also, Founder of Lifewater International)