[Nepal] missing codecs

Pradosh Krishna Kharel pradosh at olenepal.org
Tue Sep 9 00:41:11 EDT 2008

Avash, this is a mail we recieved from Manoj Ghimire. It seems that the
Watch and Listen activity does not play video extentions. It's probably
because the necessary codecs are not present. You and Akash can work on
this problem. Investigate it and try to come up with a solution.

Pradosh

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 02:40 +0000, manoj ghimiray wrote:

> > hey dude
> >
> > how are you?

I am very good. Great to hear from you

> > sorry to contact after a long time.
> >

> > I found the Watch and Listen activity plays mp3.It tried to play dvds
> > and other video extensions.But there comes an error message.So, do you
> > have the appropriate activity to play video files on the e-paati?
> >

> > When we were given the e-paatis for the first time, there was Write
> > activity with preeti font.but its not there.If we get that one ,we can
> > show the kids how to type in Nepali.

We should do that. I will ask our interns Pradosh and Bibek to work on
getting videos to play properly. And to work on the preeti font.

> > I think someone is coming here from your office this week.
> >
> > If you have ,please send here.
> >

> > Another thing,
> >
> > When I was there in your office last time, you have provided me two
> > Memory(RAM).that does not match with the computer in the
> > school.Actually I need DDR-RAM but those you provided are SD-RAM.
> >
> > Can you do anything for that?

I am sorry, I do not have any spare RAM at all.

> > Four of the Kids have camera problem .Their camera doesn't work at
> > all.Bernie was telling that it may have crashed.I've already reported
> > Ravi sir about this.
> >
> > Pawan sir has battery problem.I think the battery should be replaced.

I think we can fix the camera issue. Have you tried 'test-all' from the
firmware? What does it say?

I will have Sulochan bring a new battery.

-- Bryan W. Berry Technology Director OLE Nepal, http://www.olenepal.org