[Nepal] Countdown Begins: XOs(Mero Sanu Sathi) in the hands of Nepali children!

Jwalanta Shrestha jwalanta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 01:52:32 EDT 2008

hi bryan,

On 3/25/08, Bryan Berry <bryan.berry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great news!
>
> The Nepali schools are currently on break and the new school year
> doesn't start until April 14th. Just curious, why are you starting now
> instead of at the beginning of the school year?

because the kids will have enough time to get used to with their laptops.
moreover, all the colleges are closed during this time due to election, so
we'll have enough volunteers to do one-to-one *close monitoring* of the
child and the usage of laptop. the parents have also agreed to accommodate
our volunteers in their homes along with the children. for all these
activities, the timing is perfect.

Also will the teachers be getting their own XO's?

the school is forming a team of teachers for this project. they will be
getting the XOs.

At many schools, teachers teach one subject for all grades. So the maths
> teacher teaches maths for grades 1-8, the English teacher grades 1-8,
> etc. Is this the case at Jana Jyoti and if so will you share one XO
> among multiple teachers?
>
> again, great news

yup. n we're really excited too..

regards,