[Nepal] Disaster Recovery for the XS w/ Mondo Rescue

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 08:52:29 EDT 2008

Hey guys,

I spent most of today playing w/ LiveBackup and Mondo Rescue. LiveBackup
seems an excellent choice for creating a liveCD. However I don't need a
LiveCD per se, I want a boot disk for disaster recovery and an .iso file
to restore my system files. I am also lazy and I don't like to have to
do much configuration (sorry Kurt :)).

I have put my notes down how to use Mondo Rescue for backup on the wiki

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Backup_and_Disaster_Recovery

Haven't gotten around to testing the Restore yet as I need my production
XS to much to risk an unsuccessful restoration.  Instead I am trying to
restore the XS-160 I have running in vmware from a mondorescue backup.
Will post notes on that tomorrow.

Bryan
Kathmandu