[Nepal] [Server-devel] Testing Plan for XO's

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Sat Mar 15 02:52:37 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 08:42 +0545, Bryan Berry wrote:
> Yama Wrote:
> >Just one suggestion, taken from the days I was in retail: use a
> >self-adhesive label with fields already marked with Boot, Firmware,
> >Software, Load.  Then the tester initials OK each box.  That label
> >should be on the XO itself - it is way too easy to get a tested XO in
> >the wrong box, this way you don't have to keep track of the boxes
> >belonging to which XO etc and what is marked on them.
> >This used to be sort of standard procedure when QA electronics - not
> >that common anymore...
>
> >Yama
>
> Thanks Yama, using the self-adhesive is a great idea. I just need to
> find one that comes off easily when we are done testing.

post-it's?

http://solutions.3m.com/3MContentRetrievalAPI/BlobServlet?locale=nl_NL&univid=1114275981766&fallback=true&assetType=MMM_Image&blobAttribute=ImageFile&placeId=7BC6E48B1800BAE180A88E4927002D39&version=current

or as poor man-solution "paper masking tape"

http://www.tapemarkt.nl/upload/img/1_Maskeertape%2080%20136.jpg

Marten