[Nepal] Intern tasks

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 01:06:21 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Roshan karki <roshan at olenepal.org> wrote:
> What about flashing NAND and firmware?

You mean that the interns should be trained to update it and be
familiar with it?

The schoolserver-related items Tony has enumerated are of course just
a small portion of what the interns should be trained in. As you
probably saw flying by, there's a tentative outline at

If you want some update on what's going on in the firmware/nand area,
there are actually some pretty cool things going on. Mitch Bradley,
the OFW guy, created a way to update lots of XO's at the same time
from one base XO over the airwaves. Pradosh tested with two XO's and
it worked like a charm. On monday we're gonna test a setup with 8 at
the same time. If all works reliably, this would mean our job will
become much easier if we have to flash all XO's ourselves in spring.