[Localization] [UKids] Write Activity Updates (Tim Moody)

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Sun Aug 2 12:09:41 EDT 2015

Hi Sarah,

french.xmodmap is the file I've create to match French keyboard keys to the
US XO-4 Keyboard.
You have to create your own arabic.xmodmap file with your key mapping to
Arabic Keyboard and put it in the /etc/X11 directory then update the file
xbd.xbd (launched at startup) to call xmodmap command with your
arabic.xmodmap file.
dokbfrupdate.sh mentioned on my mail is the script file I've created to
update easily all laptops.
Basically we just have to put this file (and others files needed) on an USB
key, boot each laptop, launch command line and launch the script. Then all
files are installed on the laptop automatically, the laptop is power down
and it will use the French keyboard at next boot. If you've have only few
laptops to upgrade you could ignore this script and do the process manually.

Hope these information could help.

Best regards from France.

          Lionel.