[Localization] [IAEP] Translation Manual (in Spanish)

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 05:33:34 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Sebastian Silva
<sebastian at somosazucar.org> wrote:
> El 29/10/13 08:18, Chris Leonard escribió:
>
> Nothing would make me happier than to take myself out of the account
> creation loop, but on observing the number of dummy accounts being
> created (and activated) each day, I reluctantly took the step fo
> turning off self-serve registration to protect the integrity of the
> precious L10n work.
>
> Hi,
> I'm glad to report that you can be happy now.

That is awesome, thanks.

> Alsroot gave me access today to current pootle and I managed to
> activate the built-in captcha for registration. I created three users,
> but I'm not sure how to remove them: test, test-captcha and
> test-captcha-again.

No worries, I can delete the test users via the Admin UI.

> It will be a good idea to keep an eye on new users as maybe
> spammers can defeat some kinds of captchas. Hopefully not.

Will do.

> About the diagram shared by Laura, is it a good first step for a
> completely new language that requires it, to translate the
> glibc_helper.po file first and submit it to localization@ , or
> do you have another suggestion for a first step?

Getting the lang set up in Pootle (nplurals, plural equation, correct
ISO-639 code) is the first step.  I would add glibc-hlper.po to a lang
that needs it and it makes a fine second step.