[Localization] [IAEP] Translation Manual (in Spanish)

samy (free) s.boutayeb at free.fr
Tue Aug 13 11:37:29 EDT 2013

Hola Laura,

Feel free to review and test this translation tool on your document.

http://www.omegat.org/es/omegat.html

Basically, it segments your document in individual sentences and creates
a bilingual "translation memory" based on your translation, so you can
reuse similar sentences you translated previously.

It's an offline tool but it can be used on a project involving a team of
contributors and coordinated by a project manager, who will prepare
properly the document, assign the chapters to each translator, manage
the workflow, reassemble the translated chapters, manage the
proofreading task, the terminology, the style guides, etc.

If you consider an online workflow, you may use an online translation
platform running a localization server like Pootle
( http://pootle.translatehouse.org/ ).

The choice of the tool and the workflow depends of your project (volume,
source format, number/skills of the contributors, time frame, versioning
of the document.

Kind regards,

Samy