[Localization] WebKitGTK+ L10n now possible

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 18:37:36 EDT 2012

Dear Localizers,

There has been a longstanding (2 yrs) bug in the generation of
refreshed POT files for WebKitGTK+ that we have finally gotten fixed
(at least temporarily hacked).

WebKitGTK+ is the web-technology engine on which both GNOME Epiphany
and Sugar Browse are built, this means, for instance, that web-errors
may display WebKitGTK+ strings.  Getting the WebKitGTK+ L10n completed
upstream is a high priority for providing a fully localized
web-browsing experience.

Please consider taking a look at your language at the link below and
submitting a completed PO file upstream.

http://l10n.gnome.org/module/webkit/

If there has been no work on your language's WebKitGTK+ project
upstream and you would like me to post a local (temporary) copy of the
PO on our Pootle instance for your convenience, just let me know.  If
you have any problems submitting your completed PO file, just send it
to me and I will work on getting it upstreamed.

Thank you for your attention to this important matter.

Warmest Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator