[Localization] GCompris translation update

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:01:43 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Bruno Coudoin
<bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some translations are not yet ready but close. The new release is delayed
> to Wednesday 14th.
>
> Let me know if you need more time. I prefer to slip a couple of days the
> release if this brings in more translations.
>
> Bruno.

Dear Localizers,

Please take a look at your language status in GCompris and take
advantage of this opportunity to land more strings and ideally finish
it to 100% completion.

http://l10n.gnome.org/module/gcompris/

Sugar Labs re-packages GCompris games for the millions of XO laptops
in the hands of children around the world and we are excited about
getting the latest from the awesome GCompris team out there, but we
need your help to make sure it is translated into as many languages as
possible for the upcoming release.

Sugar Labs hosts a local (temporary) copy of the GCompris PO file for
a few teams that are only active locally (or not present at all on
GNOME Damned Lies).  Fortunately Spanish is already complete and ready
for our large deployments in Latin America, as well as serving as a
critical bridging language for our efforts in the indigenous languages
of the region.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/GCompris_temp/

French and Portuguese (not yet complete) are also important bridging
languages or "languages-of-instruction" in places like Haiti,
Francophone Africa and Portuguese-speaking São Tomé and Príncipe in
Africa, where there are small deployments that would benefit greatly
from access to these wonderful educational games.

There are hundreds of XO laptops in Thailand and Vietnam and thousands
in Nepal and Rwanda as well as small independent efforts all over the
world  http://olpcmap.net/

Please help Sugar Labs spread the goodness that is GCompris to the
corners of the Earth by joining in a worldwide "sprint to the finish"
in your language before the upcoming release.

Warmest Regards

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator