[Localization] Please commit to git pt-PT translations

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 22:02:45 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Eduardo H. Silva <hoboprimate at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Yeah, that is why Pootle is so slow :-)
>>
>> see
>>
>> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/pootle-commits/2012-January/date.html
>
> eheh :)
>
> Yes, I've found the "Commit to VCS" option now, I didn't look under those tabs.
> Do I send an e-mail to the activity authors telling of the new translation?

There is really no need to do that.  The commit from Pootle shows up
in the git commit log just like any other commit from a collaborator
on the project, so the authors will know about it via git.  It is up
to them to decide when to make a new release.

There are sometimes circumstances (e.g .new deployment, new language,
imminent creation of an image to flash on a bunch of XOs) where it
might be a good idea to ask activity maintainers to spin a new release
containing the L10n, but even then, the lang-packs should address the
image-builders needs without bugging the developer.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/langpacks/

In general, as a lang-admin, I would just do the commits on Honey as
soon as the PO is complete and reviewed, then just let the periodic
version release process take care of landing it in ASLO.  Obviously
Glucose follows the Sugar Release cycle, string freezes, etc.

Does that make sense?