[Localization] new gnash strings

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 01:08:28 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Cris <canderson at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The linked site:
>
>> http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/upstream_POT/
>
> Doesn't include the Mongolian language. Any reason why? Is there
> something I have to do to make it appear?
>
> Cris

It's there now, all you had to do was ask for it. as I said in an
earlier message  As a general rule,  I do not automatically make all
projects available in all languages as it can be overwhelming and
frankly confusing for a team trying to decide what to work on first.

I think it is generally better to have 8 out of 10 projects 100%
localized than to have 10 projects 80% localized.

I would argue that a Sugar user would get more benefit from completed
Glucose and Fructose projects than AbiWord and Gnash although that
calculation could change if you are looking at it from a Linux user's
perspective and not a Sugar user's perspective.  If asked by a
localizer or an upstream to make a project available, I will.  For
example, we have some languages (inherited when we took on AbiWord
hosting) that are not working on Sugar at all.

I watch localization activity very closely. If I see that a language
team is actively translating and beginning to near completion of the
existing projects,  I will make more projects available.  I had not
made the upstream POTs available for Mongolian yet because there is a
lot of Glucose / Frucose / Honey work to be done still, but since
you've asked for Gnash, I've made the reduced-gnash.po available
(along with AbiWord).

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator