[Localization] adding a language

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 20:23:49 EST 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> Is it possible to add a language after the image has been installed?
> I'm looking at the possibility of adding Hindi to the 12.1.0 image
> after the XO-1 has been reflashed.
>
> cheers,
> Sameer

Assuming that the hi_IN locale is present where it needs to be, the
way to address this would be to install the language pack for Hindi.

translate.sugarlabs.org/langpacks/

I have not yet made any adjustments in the langpack generation script
to switch from Glucose 0.94 to Glucose 0.96.  I think that would be
necessary to get the Glucose strings 100% correct, but everything else
should be fine.

When were you thinking og doing this?  I could try to make the switch
in the nightly language pack generation script when I have the time
(which is in short supply at the moment), but I could really sue some
help on Poolte administrative tasks.

This page is out-of-date, it would be nice if someone would bring it
current, perhaps someone walking through the process, soon?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization/Testing