[Localization] [somos-azucar] Peruvian Locales

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 11:26:06 EDT 2012

Amos,

I will reach out to the Gnome i18n folks for some assistance.  Claude Paroz
(a Gnome i8n group leader) has been very helpful and has a strong interest
in glibc locales.

The draft PE_quz and PE_aym locales that we collaborated on have been very
useful in testing the L10n work initiated by SomosAzucar, but they have
never been submitted upstream to the glibc repository because they needed
additional polishing work, like the sorting order you've raised and other
elements like the Yes/No messages.  This is the perfect opportunity for us
to renew our collaboration on these locales and get them into a finished
form for upstreaming to glibc where they will be available to anyone and
not just in private copies of the drafts we have been using so far.  I am
more than happy to work with you on this.

I've learned a lot about glibc locales since our initial work and I am sure
this will be a very productive collaboration that will benefit all speakers
of those languages we work on.

There is lots of technical stuff (like converting the characters to Unicode
representations for use by glibc locales and so forth, but nothing that I
cannot achieve in consultation with you on the language details and some
help from the Gnome folks on other aspects.

I am very glad you are interested in revisiting this earlier, but
incomplete, effort.

Warmest Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator