[Localization] [ANNOUNCE] 0.94 schedule update: still on track

Markus Schlager m.slg at gmx.de
Tue Sep 13 17:03:40 EDT 2011

Hi Simon,

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> There have been one interesting string change in the last week: there are two
> entries in the sugar.po that translate the same string ('Remove') but where
> the context is different. This has been marked now using pgettext. Chris has
> pulled that change to Pootle and all langs sugar.po have been refreshed. An
> example can be seen at [3][4]. Please give feedback if that addition was
> helpful to do a better translation or if anything can be improved.

Context-information is great for translation. In this example, 'volume' as
hint was not particularly helpful to me, since this has at least two
very different meanings in German. 'clipboard' on the other hand was clear
anyway since the source-hint says something about clipboard-menu.

One type of content-information I'd appreciate a lot would be about the
function/type of text this is: Is it e.g. a button lable, a menu entry, a
help text, ...

This type of information I consider very helpfull in order to get
consistent localizations.

Markus