[Localization] What to do with missing language on XO language list? (Q&A)

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:17:36 EDT 2011

Jakub,

I do apologize for the state fo the wiki.  When the Pootle server migrated
over to Sugar Labs, not all of the relevant wiki pages were migrated and
kept updated through the changes in release policies by OLPC.

That said, *it is a wiki*, I would appreciate it if people with first hand
experiences that can help others would create and develop wiki pages
capturing their experience and knowledge for the benefot fo the community.
A wiki is not a one-man job.  I try to make improvements where I can, but
frankly, I need help from the community to maintain the Translation Team
wiki pages on wiki.sl.o and to migrate some additional information from
wiki.l.o.

I spend a lot of my time on improvements in the infrastructure to benefit
all and in recruiting for particularly challenging languages, as well as
working on some quality assurance oversight and new projects like hte
upcoming Quechua / Aymara translation marathon.  I'm sorry, but that leaves
me with little time to fully document all aspects of the necessary process
for getting a language project off the ground and onto the laptops, but
quite frankly, there are those of you in the community who are far more
qualified to write such wiki pages than I am.  Please contribute to drafting
such pages and by all means ask for inout from others on the list to develop
"getting started" and technical detail pages.

cjl