[Localization] Language packs - testing needed

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 13:02:12 EDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 12:20 PM, samy boutayeb <s.boutayeb at free.fr> wrote:

> Ah ah!
> Now, it's clear for me!
> Sugar has a subtle software architecture!
> Thanks again!
>
> samy

Samy,

Thanks for the testing.  One other type of testing I would be very
interested in seeing is testing on an XO with an 11.2.0 / 11.3.0 build
with a language that is not in the set of "supported" 11.2.0
languages.

English (US)
Spanish
French
German
Arabic
Portuguese (Brazil)
Portuguese
Haitian; Haitian Creole
Mongolian
Marathi
Amharic
Nepali
Kinyarwanda
Dari
Chinese (China)
Khmer
Urdu
Pashto
Sinhala

What I am wondering is whether additional steps are needed on an XO
(e.g. installing a glibc locale, etc.) for languages not in the
included set.

Yet another type of testing I would be interested in is whether
lang-packs can be used easily on an SOAS (or TOAST) build or whether
we will need to make adjustments to make that possible.

Please remember that we are reviving this language pack process from a
long sleep and many changes and advances have been made in the Sugar /
OLPC environment since they were last in operation (back around Sugar
0.84 release).

Thanks for any more testing.