[Localization] Language packs - testing needed

samy boutayeb s.boutayeb at free.fr
Sat Oct 8 06:41:50 EDT 2011

Hi,
I tested the locale FR-FR on a XO 1.5 with Sugar 0.94. The French locale
was already set up.

After downloading fr_lang_pack_v2.sh and executing it as root, in a
terminal, I got following message:
"Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing language pack....."

So far, so good.
Then, I restarted the XO and did some "random" checks.

I am not sure if the latest translations committed are included in this
language pack because a few old translations, which were updated on the
Pootle server and committed properly after the release of Sugar 0.94
aren't updated on the XO.

I ran the fr_lang_pack_v2.sh script again and got following message:

"Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing language pack.............................
chown: opérande manquant après « olpc:olpc »
Saisissez « chown --help » pour plus d'informations.

Finally, I tried the script "uninstall_language_pack_fr"/
It ended with a sequence of error messages like:

/usr/bin/uninstall_language_pack_fr: line
236: /home/olpc/Activities/TamTamJam.activity/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/org.laptop.TamTamJam.mo: Permission non accordée

HTH, regards,
Samy