No subject

Fri May 13 07:03:06 EDT 2011

rate of change will hopefully be very low

Release: July 18th

Note that this gives about 1 week from today for any final feature
work to be landed.

Wiki updated:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/11.2.0/Release_plan
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/11.2.0

Here is some further info about how the bug-fixing and
regression-fixing stages will work:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Process/Stabilization

Testing is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

--485b3979db46a8612f04a333ae19

Due to various travel arrangements and movement on the XO-1.75 front,<br>
we have delayed the 11.2.0 release by a few weeks from its original<br>
plan (which would have already had us in feature freeze).<br>
We also have some stability concerns: the current development images<br>
have various regressions (mostly on the Sugar and activities side)<br>
compared to our previous stable release, and we may not be able to fix<br>
all of these in time for the release. The release notes will be as<br>
painfully true as needed in pointing out these issues. If the issues<br>
remain serious then deployments may wish to simply consider it as a<br>
preview for the release that follows, where we&#39;ll aim to improve on<br>
11.2.0.<br>
The new schedule is:<br>
Bug-fixes only (feature freeze): May 23rd<br>