[Localization] How to make contact with other translators in Pootle?

Xin Wang dram.wang at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 08:49:49 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
> Xin,
>
> You are welcome to use this list to discuss such issues, including posting
> in the language in question, that is why this list exists.  A brief flurry
> of language-specific discussion from time-to-time is a fairly normal
> occurrence on this list, the other language localizers don't mind and may
> even be able to help with their input on how they handled similar
> situations.
>
> Unfortunately Pootle does not have direct contact mechanisms (like the
> blinded e-mail this user link on wiki user pages).  As a Pootle admin, I do
> have the ability to look to e-mail addresses for Pootle usernames, but OLPC
> privacy policy is that such information is not generally given out.
>
> If it is an eToys specific question (the project you've been working on),
> you might take it up on their forums as well.
>
> The reality of the situation in a distributed system like Pootle is that
> decisions get made by those who "show up", your desire not to undo another
> user's work is commendable, but it is always possible to simply leave
> suggestions in place if you are uncertain or to use the fuzzy flag for a
> string that you think might require further review before commit.
>
> cjl

Thanks.

I'm reviewing suggestions submitted by gwlc and pengsu in 'OLPC
Content' and 'OLPC Software', but I can not find corresponding
interface in SoaS. As I'm a newbie and do not have an XO laptop, I'd
like to ask them whether strings in these categories appears in XO
only or not.

As this question is irrelevant to any specific language, I think you
or other people may tell me.

And, do gwlc and pengsu join this mailing list? I'm looking forward to
your reply. :)