[Localization] Language leader board

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 10:58:26 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> Chris,
> Have we a list of active administrators?
> May be a list of language with commits in the last six months...

All commits are performed by git-user:pootle

http://git.sugarlabs.org/~pootle

although the language admin's Poolte username is also included in the
summary.  You could parse those logs if you'd like.

I'm not sure that six months is the right time window.  Lang-admin work only
really becomes critical when there have been string freeze announcements on
the list prior to a Sugar Release and I'm not exactly sure when the last
such announcement was made. (you could check the list archives).

As a Pootle admin, I can also see the privs for each language (and identify
the lang-admins) via the web interface.  It is an extra step to go from the
Pootle username to the e-mail address, but that doesn't give you activity
information.  Unfortunately IMHO, Poolte has always been a little short on
community organization features (e.g. blind e-mail links to lang admins sort
of like what is on a wiki user page has long been something I'd like to
see).  The Pootle developers are nice folks and we could always take these
requests upstream.