[Localization] rescan from files

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Sep 29 08:59:12 EDT 2010

On 29.09.2010, at 14:36, Korakurider wrote:

> On 2010/09/29, at 20:54, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>>
>> One of the problems was that we committed the DrGeo translations directly.
>
> I did commit them to svn because it was the only way to update pos (I merged translations ) for langs (es,fr) that I don't have priv on pootle.

Yes, and we though it was save to do at the time. Now we learn it isn't. Or maybe there is a magic "merge translations from upstream" button in Pootle?

>  What other safer method would you recommend for such case?
>
> /korakurider

Maybe posting them to this list and have language admins upload them to Pootle? Unfortunately, some languages have no active admins apparently.

Btw, I'm only relaying what I learned from Tomeu yesterday. I'm not a Pootle admin.

- Bert -