[Localization] rescan from files

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 07:06:40 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> On 29.09.2010, at 08:43, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What exactly does Files-> Rescan from files do?
>>  1 add new files from project svn/git repo?
>>  2 merge changes checked into the repo through other programs.
>>  3 refresh contents from files in svn/git repo?
>>
>> Is it same as the "update stores" op described in
>>  http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/commands
>>
>> In case of 2) how can I check the diffs resulting from the merge to ensure that
>> it has gone right?
>>
>> For massive edits (e.g. find and replace), I have to fall back to doing direct
>> checkins to Etoys svn. I would like to make sure that those changes can be
>> merged back into Pootle. Is it sufficient to do just do a rescan?
>
> Please do not commit po files to the svn directly. If you must, upload the file to pootle and do it there.
>
> Yesterday, Tomeu had to spend quite some time sorting out conflicts manually.
>
> Only pootle must commit the PO files. We can only commit the POTs. Otherwise we get
conflicts that have to be resolved manually.
     I think the problem was some POT became obsolete in SVN but
Pootle rescan couldn't handle it.   But how housekeeping for such
change could be performed within the admin interface?   I imagine
manual operation would be needed anyway.
And we should note that the change was performed by not translator but
developers who chnaged organization of translation domains.

/Korakurider