[Localization] [Systems] updating pootle and creating branches

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Sep 29 02:37:04 EDT 2010

On 09/28/10 18:21, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 15:43, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That's great, I'm now working on fixing pushing to git and then will
>>> do branches. Will try to write down processes for the next admin.
>>>

>> Hi guys,
>> Apologies for disappearing. Here are the details you may require:
>> Documentation of the helper scripts:
>> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/pootle-helpers/repos/mainline/blobs/master/README
>> Updater stuff (look at the cronjobs for Pootle - they ensure the VCS
>> stuff remain in sync).
>> SSH keys (/var/lib/pootle/.ssh)
>> Let me know if you need any more help.
>> If it makes sense - I can participate in a Skype/IRC meeting to guide
>> you through the process.
>
> Can you check when you have time if what I added to the wiki is true
> and if there's any big omission?
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Service/translate#Notes

Thanks for writing this excellent documentation.

I added an administrative contact translate AT sugarlabs DOT org. It
forwards to sayamindu, cjl, tomeu and bernie.

There's also pootle AT sugarlabs DOT org, which seems to be used for
bounces of email sent out by pootle.

If you want, I could route pootle's cron output to one of these in
addition to systems-logs. In case of trouble, it may send you plenty of
spam.