[Localization] [etoys-dev] French translation issue

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Mar 10 15:04:13 EST 2010

On 10.03.2010, at 20:46, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg a écrit :
>
>> But, the strings do look right in the PO file:
>> http://etoys.laptop.org/src/Content/po/etoys/fr.po
>> (though I do not have looked at them in hex dump)
>
> No those strings look definitely wrong in the PO.
>
> Hilaire

Interesting, they show fine in my regular browser (Safari).

But now I tried in Firefox and they show strange there. Apparently Safari just ignores those characters (code 142 and 143 I think).

Same issue in Pootle - shows up right in Safari but Firefox reveals the problem:
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/fr/etoys/etoys.po?item=2791&view_mode=translate

I'mm cc'ing the localization list ...

- Bert -